The town's name, for some historians, derives from the Latin name "Mollius", with the addition of the suffix "-anus" to indicate ownership, probably from the centurion to whom the farmlands were assigned, while according to others, it comes from the word in Venetian dialect "mojo" (swamp ). Municipality in the province of Treviso, located in a flat area on the border with the territory of Venice, Mogliano Veneto area is rich in springs and streams: here flow, in fact, the rivers of Dese and Zero and an important series of channels.
Remains of the Roman colonization are attested by the name and in the farmland division in centuries, the area used to belong to the Altino inlands. After the fall of the Empire and the subsequent Barbarian invasions, the area submitted a period of Hungarian domination. Around the year 1000, the Bishop of Treviso granted, to the industrious Benedictine monks, the opportunity to build a monastery, who reclaimed the nearby marshlands and introduced new types and methods of cultivation. The town, located in an intermediate area between Venice, Padua and Treviso, was, more than once, directly involved in clashes between the three cities that produced extensive damage each time. In 1388, Treviso, and Mogliano with it, both submitted the domain of the Serenissima Republic of Venice. During this domain, the centre lived a long period of peace and prosperity and became popular resort for the noble Venetians, who built here their Summer residences and villas. In 1797 it submitted the conquest of Napoleon and later was submitted to Austria.
- the Church of Santa Maria Assunta with the adjoining Abbey, both date back to the XII century and have been renovated several times over the centuries. The interior was refurbished in the late XVIII century and the façade in the early XIX century. Only the Bell Tower preserves its original forms. Inside are preserved valuable altarpieces, masterpieces of the artists Boldini, Buratti and Bevilacqua and a series of XIV century frescoes;
- the Benedictine Abbey, founded around the year 1000, by express will of the Bishop of Treviso, was repeatedly destroyed and looted in several occasions. Inhabited by clerical orders, it was completely abandoned and of the original complex, today, is only visible part of the cloister and not much else;
- the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Grace in the district of Bonisiolo;
- the Church of San Carlo, recently built.
- the Parish of St. Mark the Evangelist;
- the Church of Collegio Astori;
- the Church of the Sacred Heart;
- Villa Veronese;
- Villa Marchesi;
- Villa Milanese;
- Villa Michieli;
- Villa Gavioli;
- Villa Padoan;
- Villa Zanga;
- Villa Palma;
- the Mill of Valerio.
Visita Italy Travel and Living web portal "Locali d'Autore"